Diwakar Padalia obtained his Ph.D. in 2011 from G.B.Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, India. His research interest is devoted on the development of fine ceramics, magnetic materials and polymer nanocomposite materials. Presently, he is engaged in synthesis and characterization of Dielectric polymer nanocomposites for capacitor applications and development of soft magnetic polymer nanocomposites for computer storage devices.
Since 2008, he has taught many courses to Science and Engineering students at GBPUAT, DV, GITM and KRMU. In addition to conventional teaching, he is also involved in development of low cost dielectric sample holder for LCR meters (Hewlett Packard).
He enjoys and encourages creative interdisciplinary research proposals. He is very passionate about research and development of advanced nanomaterials.
His main goals are:
1. Better understanding of learning process –to facilitate continuous improvement in teaching. Not a search for the “perfect pedagogy” which does not exist.
2. Contribute in the transformation of Science and Engineering education by bringing a higher focus on laboratory culture.
3. Focus on improved learning by all students –“Average” as well as “High performer”.
4. Simplification of courses: make course topic as simple as possible but no simpler.
5. Encourage the inter-disciplinary research.
6. Focus on applications of the class room topics appear in daily life and how breakthroughs in subject shape the world view of our civilization.
7. Encourage entrepreneurship among students.
8. Leverage the potential of nano-science to enhance quality of engineering materials.
Ph.D. (PHYSICS): 2007-2011 from Govind Ballabh Pant University of Agriculture and Technology, Pantnagar (PhD thesis on Investigation of Dielectric and Magnetic Properties of Polymer Nanocomposites )
M.Sc (PHYSICS): 2001-2003 from Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar
B.Sc.: 1998-2001 from Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University, Srinagar